Monday, January 25, 2010

A picture is worth a thousand words...or is it?


This picture just looks so warm and cozy. I am sitting doing my bible study and the girls are playing a nice game together...how sweet. No, that is totally not what is going on in this picture. Yes, I was doing my bible study & yes the girls are playing a game. What the picture does not say is that they were bickering every second of this game. Who went first, who cheated, pulling the blanket away from each other, I can't see that, and on and on. I thought I was going to go out of my mind...so instead I took a picture. Funny, we look at pictures that people have or blog & it always seems like life is so blissful for everyone else...you wonder if you have the only kids in the world who fight. The funny thing is...pictures do not say it all, but they can say what we want them to say. I could have just put that on my blog & let you believe we were having a great moment...so not the truth. It is like the Christmas card that looks so sweet & peaceful. It does not show us moms jumping up and down, sweating, bribing, crying, and pulling out the hairs on our heads (okay maybe not every mom). Not sure why I felt this moment to be so worth sharing, but that was just the kind of day I had (right Kath). Like the fact that the bible study I was catching up on was actually last years (don't even know how to explain that one). Anyways, guess we have to stop and enjoy the not so perfect moments in our lives (especially because there are so many)...thanks for letting me share!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Well said! It's always nice to know that you aren't the only one! I had to laugh at the Christmas card analogy...sounds familiar!

Anonymous said...

Amen!! Thanks for sharing! We all have moments like this...and yes...especially the Christmas card photo!
Love you and love your girls...despite their bickering! :)