I am so blessed to be in such an amazing bible study with such amazing women. We laugh, cry, pray, listen, and read God's word together. These women inspire me to focus on what is important in life. These past weeks have been so hard for many people in our community. So many suffering from cancer, a friend's child sick in the hospital, a daddy taken to heaven way to early, and now little Olive (4 month old baby) leaving to be with Jesus. It leaves me feeling very helpless. This week our bible study went to church and made meals for some of these families. When we were all done we had 49 meals to serve to these families and others hurting in our church. I think it is safe to say that we all felt extremely blessed to help in some small way. We know it does not take an ounce of their pain away, but we hope to make some of their days a little easier. I have found myself asking why and how this can happen to so many wonderful people. I know that I can't answer the why's so I am trying to focus on what I do know. I am thankful to know that one day these families will hold each other again. That we serve a God who is good and who's love will never leave us. I am thankful that even though I am so extremely far from being perfect(did I mention extremely) and mess up everyday that God forgives me and still loves me. I know that because I have asked Jesus into my heart that I get to one day be in Heaven with all those that I love. So, I will continue to pray for all of these families, and try to find ways to help serve those who are hurting. Thanks ladies for coming up with such a great idea to help others. I had a wonderful morning with all of you.
Saturday, January 23, 2010
My amazing bible study women
I am so blessed to be in such an amazing bible study with such amazing women. We laugh, cry, pray, listen, and read God's word together. These women inspire me to focus on what is important in life. These past weeks have been so hard for many people in our community. So many suffering from cancer, a friend's child sick in the hospital, a daddy taken to heaven way to early, and now little Olive (4 month old baby) leaving to be with Jesus. It leaves me feeling very helpless. This week our bible study went to church and made meals for some of these families. When we were all done we had 49 meals to serve to these families and others hurting in our church. I think it is safe to say that we all felt extremely blessed to help in some small way. We know it does not take an ounce of their pain away, but we hope to make some of their days a little easier. I have found myself asking why and how this can happen to so many wonderful people. I know that I can't answer the why's so I am trying to focus on what I do know. I am thankful to know that one day these families will hold each other again. That we serve a God who is good and who's love will never leave us. I am thankful that even though I am so extremely far from being perfect(did I mention extremely) and mess up everyday that God forgives me and still loves me. I know that because I have asked Jesus into my heart that I get to one day be in Heaven with all those that I love. So, I will continue to pray for all of these families, and try to find ways to help serve those who are hurting. Thanks ladies for coming up with such a great idea to help others. I had a wonderful morning with all of you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Such a blessing this morning was to me...in MORE WAYS than one!!! Thanks for being part of such an amazing group with me!
Post a Comment